OHS Field Trip Program
As we reopen, we are planning to reintroduce the Field Trip program in January 2022.
Go Behind-the-Scenes at the OHS
OHS field trips are designed to provide students in Grades 1 to 12 with educational and interactive on-site programming, where they can learn all about the OHS, responsible pet ownership and animal welfare. Through a combination of educational outreach and curriculum-linked humane education topics, students will be engaged in understanding the importance of animal welfare and responsible pet ownership. Field trips are available Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., throughout the school year. Field trips are three hours in length and include a half hour lunch break for students at 11:30 a.m. Field trips cater to groups up to 60 students, and are available in French and English.
The cost for a field trip is $5 per student (minimum $110); teachers and parent volunteers are free. All methods of payment are accepted. Invoicing is available upon request.
Field Trip Programming is customizable and typically includes:
- 9:45 to 10 a.m. – Students arrive at the OHS
- 10 to 10:30 a.m. – Welcome to the OHS presentation
- 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. – Group rotation
- Cat gallery visit
- Small animal visit
- 11:30 a.m. to noon – LUNCH BREAK
- Noon to 12:30 p.m. – Group rotation (continued)
- 12:30 to 1 p.m. – Humane Education presentation
- Selected by grade level: http://www.ottawahumane.ca/youth-programs/teacher-resources/classroom-presentations/
- 1 to 1:15 p.m. – Students depart from the OHS
*Please Note: Field Trips are not available on PD Days or during the summer.
For more information, or to book a field trip for your class please contact our supervisor: programs by email at email@example.com, or by phone (613) 725-3166 ext. 298 or fill out our online request form!