Pet First Aid
Do you feel prepared for a pet emergency?
First aid is an important part of taking care of the ones you love. Your animal companion is more than just a pet – they are a member of your family! With that in mind, do you know how to recognize a potentially serious condition in your pet? Would you know how to help if they are injured?
Be the best pet owner you can be by attending Pet First Aid Level 1 and 2 at the OHS!
All OHS Pet First Aid courses are taught by a registered veterinary technician. Topics covered in each course include:
|Level 1||Level 2|
*These topics will include hands-on practical demonstrations using life-sized stuffed dogs.
The registration fee is $60/course**. A take-home Pet First Aid kit is provided to all participants enrolled in the Level 1 course.
**A 25% discount is available for all OHS adopters who register for OHS Pet First Aid courses.
Courses will be held on the following dates:
- Pet First Aid – Level 2: Monday, Aug. 26 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Pet First Aid – Level 1: Thursday, Oct. 17 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Pet First Aid – Level 2: Monday, Nov. 25 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Pet First Aid – Level 1 & 2: Saturday, Dec. 14 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.*
- Pet First Aid – Level 1: Thursday, Jan. 16
- Pet First Aid – Level 2: Monday, Feb. 10
- Pet First Aid – Level 1 & 2: Saturday, Mar. 28 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.*
Cost: $60 for each level
*Combined courses are $120
To register for an upcoming course, please visit our online registration page.
Please Note: Registration for 2019-2020 fall/winter programs will be available online on Aug. 26.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call (613) 725-3166, ext. 298.