Pet Loss Support Groups
Are you coping with the loss of a pet? Saying goodbye is never easy. Many people suffer when they lose a pet and find it hard to move forward alone in the grieving process. The Ottawa Humane Society has partnered with Bereavement Support & Education – Ottawa to offer on-going grief counselling to our community.
Group meetings are held monthly at the OHS and are facilitated by a certified grief educator.
Grief educators provide information on a variety of subjects related to pet loss through guest lectures and informal discussions, working alongside participants to provide compassionate support and in-depth coping strategies for anyone dealing with the loss of a pet.
This program is available to the public free of charge, donations to the OHS are welcome. Participants are not required to bring anything, but may wish to share photos of their pet and other memorial items. Throughout the meeting, light refreshments will be available.
Participants must be over the age of 16.
Meetings will run on the following dates at the OHS:
- Tuesday, March 17 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. *Program Cancelled*
- Tuesday, April 14 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 19 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 16 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 21 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 18 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 15 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 20 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
For more information about other Pet Loss Support Group locations, please visit www.ottawapetloss.com/meetings.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-725-3166, ext. 298.