Feline Enrichment Volunteer with the A.I.K.E. (Advanced In-Kennel Enrichment) Program
Interested in volunteering in our Feline Enrichment Volunteer with the A.I.K.E. (Advanced In-Kennel Enrichment) Program?
Not currently recruiting.
The Ottawa Humane Society’s Volunteer Department is looking for volunteers who are interested in working closely with our animal care team! With this program, volunteers are responsible for providing enrichment to felines in the form of socialization, play, exercise, visual stimulation and mild grooming. Volunteers in this role will be responsible for:
- Socializing cats;
- Providing play and/or exercise;
- Providing visual stimulation;
- Performing mild grooming;
- Documenting enrichment and cat behaviours.
- Volunteers must be familiar with cat behaviour;
- Volunteers must be comfortable and have experience handling cats;
- Volunteers must be able to follow and adhere to strict instructions;
- Volunteers must be comfortable with socializing, playing and grooming felines of all ages and breeds;
- Volunteers must be able to document their enrichment as directed;
- Volunteers must be able to work alone, with minimum supervision, once trained;
- Volunteers must be able to work around various animal species;
- Volunteers must be able to stand on their feet or kneel for the duration of their shift;
- Volunteers must commit to a weekly shift for a minimum of one year;
- Volunteers must be able to commit to a three hour weekly shift.
We are are not currently recruiting volunteers for this program.
Steps to becoming a Feline Enrichment Care Program Volunteer:
- Complete the OHS Volunteer Application
- Ensure you specify on your application the program and day(s) for which you are interested in volunteering.
- Volunteers whose skills and availability match the volunteer requirements for this position will be contacted for an interview.
- Following a successful interview, volunteers will be asked to submit a criminal record check and attend a scheduled orientation.
- For more information contact our manager: volunteers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 613-725-3166 ext. 231.
- We encourage you to browse our site for other volunteer opportunities at the OHS.
Thank you for your interest in our Feline Enrichment Volunteer Program!