Feline Enrichment Volunteer with the Four on the Floor Program
Interested in volunteering in our Four on the Floor?
Not currently recruiting.
The Ottawa Humane Society’s Volunteer Department is looking for volunteers who are interested in working closely with our animal care team! This new OHS program will provide out-of-cage time to cats in need in order to maximize their daily physical and psychological wellbeing, prevent stress-related illness, and increase adoptability. Volunteers in this role will be responsible for:
- Transporting cats to and from a designated room as per directions;
- Providing play time, exercise, and social contact;
- Documenting enrichment and cat behaviours.
- Volunteers must be familiar with cat behaviour;
- Volunteers must be comfortable and have experience handling cats;
- Volunteers must be able to follow and adhere to strict instructions;
- Volunteers must be able to lift and carry 10-15lbs;
- Volunteers must be comfortable with socializing, playing and grooming felines of all ages and breeds;
- Volunteers must be able to document their enrichment as directed;
- Volunteers must be able to work alone, with minimum supervision, once trained;
- Volunteers must be able to work around various animal species;
- Volunteers must be able to stand on their feet or kneel for the duration of their shift;
- Volunteers must commit to a weekly shift for a minimum of one year;
- Volunteers must be able to commit to a three hour weekly shift.
We are looking for volunteers for the following shifts
Please check back in the future, as we are not currently recruiting for this program.
Steps to becoming a Feline Enrichment Care Program Volunteer:
- Complete the OHS volunteer application
- Ensure you specify on your application the program and day(s) for which you are interested in volunteering.
- Volunteers whose skills and availability match the volunteer requirements for this position will be contacted for an interview.
- Following a successful interview, volunteers will be asked to submit a criminal record check and attend a scheduled orientation.
- For more information contact our manager: volunteers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 613-725-3166 ext. 231.
- We encourage you to browse our site for other volunteer opportunities at the OHS.
Thank you for your interest in our Feline Enrichment Volunteer Program!