Coordinator: Intervention Services
Why work with the Ottawa Humane Society?
The Ottawa Humane Society has been a leader in animal welfare since 1888. We’re currently looking for compassionate and results oriented Full-Time Coordinator: Intervention Services to join our team supporting domestic animals. If you’re interested in practicing high quality patient care where your professional development is important, and you thrive in a busy client centred environment where teamwork is key, then this is a great opportunity for you to come join the OHS!
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
Salary: $23.78 – $28.95 per hour
- Extended Health, Dental, Paramedical and Vision Care coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance (including paid short term sick leave)
- Vacation Days, Statutory Holidays
- Five additional Paid Leave Days
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP match
- Free on-site Parking
- Veterinary food and other supplies discount
- Career Development (internships, on-the-job learning, mentorships, internal and external training opportunities) and Paid Continuing Education Opportunities (bursaries, CE allowance, membership dues, tuition reimbursement)
- 37.50 hours per week.
- Work schedule will include evening, weekend shifts, and holidays.
What you bring to the table:
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or two years’ relevant experience in animal behaviour and/or animal psychology
- Extensive reading or research in companion animal temperament and behaviour
- Clinical experience is an asset
- Adult teaching experience is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional working proficiency in spoken and written English is required
If this position interests you and you imagine the OHS being the next step in your career, please email your resume and cover letter to the People and Culture team at email@example.com.
For more information about available jobs or our work schedules, please visit our careers page.
The Ottawa Humane Society is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment processes. If you are contacted by the OHS regarding a job opportunity, please let us know prior to interview if you require any accommodation.