Interested in volunteering in our Translation Program?
Not currently recruiting
Experienced volunteers are needed to help the OHS translate documents from English to French, to help us achieve our goal of providing OHS materials in both official languages. Volunteers are able to work from home, at their leisure, consistent with pre-established deadlines.
Volunteers are required to make a bi-weekly commitment of 2-6 hours per shift, for a minimum of one year.
Volunteer translator requirements:
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Volunteers must have excellent reading and writing skills.
- Volunteers must be fully fluent in both official languages (French and English).
- Volunteers must have access to a computer, Internet and an email address from which to receive documents from the OHS.
- Volunteers must be able to adhere to deadlines established in agreement with the OHS.
- Volunteers must commit to a bi-weekly shift of 2-6 hours, for a minimum of one year.
Please note: experience in translation is an asset
Steps to becoming a Translation Program Volunteer:
- Complete the OHS Volunteer Application
- Please ensure you specify on your application the program and shift you are interested in volunteering for.
- Volunteers whose skills and availability match the Translation Program requirements will be contacted for an interview.
- Following a successful interview, volunteers will be asked to submit a Criminal Record Check and attend scheduled orientations.
For more information, please contact our coordinator: volunteers via email at email@example.com or via telephone at 613-725-3166 ext. 264.
We encourage you to browse our site for other volunteer opportunities at the OHS.
Thank you for your interest in our Translation Program!