Interested in Volunteering for our Family & Pet Portrait Photography Events?
Not currently recruiting.
The Ottawa Humane Society’s Volunteer Department is seeking professional photographers to help support OHS events. If you have experience taking portrait-style photographs, taking photos of events, enjoy meeting new people and their pets, are able to stage and capture a wonderful family photos, as well as capture candid event shots, we need you! Volunteer photographers must be able to commit to at least 4 events throughout the year, and own all of the necessary photography equipment.
Volunteer Photographer Requirements
- Volunteer photographers must have experience taking staged, portrait-style family photos.
- Volunteer photographers must be comfortable greeting and interacting with families and their pets.
- Volunteer photographers must own all of the necessary equipment for a professional-style photography shoot—lights, backdrop, camera, memory cards, etc…
- Volunteer photographers must be willing to provide OHS and clients with copies of photographs.
- Volunteer photographers must have excellent communication skills.
- Volunteer photographers must be able to work safely with a variety of animal species.
Steps to becoming a Volunteer Photographer:
- Complete the volunteer application.
- Ensure you specify on your application the program for which you are interested in volunteering.
- Volunteers whose skills and availability match the photography volunteering requirements will be contacted for an interview.
- Following a successful interview, volunteers will be asked to submit a criminal record check and attend a scheduled orientation.
For more information contact our manager: volunteers via email at email@example.com or by telephone at 613-725-3166 ext. 231.
Thank you for your interest in our photography program!