Wildlife Problems

Solutions to Wildlife Problems

If you find a sick or injured wild animal, here are the steps you can take. If you need more help, call the City of Ottawa at 311.

For large wildlife, such as deer, moose and bear, please call Ottawa Police Services at 613-236-1222.

As urban development encroaches on previously untamed areas, more human-wildlife conflicts result. These animals have largely managed to adapt well to our presence. Humans, on the other hand, are still mastering this living arrangement. It is important for people to understand the need for effective, lasting, and humane solutions to occasional conflicts with wildlife.

Here are the solutions to some common wildlife problems:

If you can’t find the answer to your wildlife question and it’s not an emergency, contact the Ottawa Humane Society at 613-725-3166 ext. 223, or send us an email.