July 21, 2022
Top 10 Reasons to Work with the Ottawa Humane Society
I have enjoyed my 22 years at the Ottawa Humane Society so much, I’m surprised there’s not a line up out the door of people wanting to work here. I was thinking that perhaps everyone doesn’t know all the reasons why the OHS is such a great place to be. So, here’s my top 10 list:
- The OHS has competitive wages and is a living wage employer.
- There are a lot of schedules: full-time, part-time and casual. So your work hours can be flexible to fit your life.
- If you want to work full-time, you’ll receive a comprehensive benefits package —including a pension plan — for you and your family.
- We’ll support your professional growth through professional development opportunities and educational bursaries.
- We have 32 different programs and services and we believe in promoting from within, so you can further your career here.
- You’ll love our culture of safety, service, respect, communication, excellence, and diversity and inclusion.
- The OHS is the only humane society in the country that is accredited by both Imagine Canada and Humane Canada, so you know you’ll be working with the best.
- You’ll be working with an organization with a proud history. The OHS has been helping animals and our community for 134 years!
- You’ll work with a hard-working and committed professional team.
- Most of all, you’ll be making a difference. You’ll help to save animals, while building a more compassionate community for everyone, both animals and people.
If I haven’t convinced you yet or you’re ready to take the plunge and join a team that makes a difference, check out the careers on our site!
President & CEO