Thank YOU for Your Continued Support!
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, we are unable to host our annual End of Summer Volunteer Appreciation Event for 2020. Our years of service pins were to be presented during National Volunteer Week last April. Since we are unable to present them in person, we will be mailing them out instead — so please keep an eye out for their arrival!
As we can’t meet in person quite yet, we will be hosting two upcoming webinars that we hope you can join us for! Stay tuned for more details and we look forward to seeing you virtually.
- Oct. 16, from 2:30 to 4 p.m.: Handling Sensitivities
- Oct. 23, from 2:30 to 4 p.m.: Inter-dog Aggression
- Oct. 28, from 2:30 to 4 p.m.: Fear/Fear Aggression
- Oct. 16, from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.: House Soiling and Shy/Fearful
- Oct. 17, from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.: House Soiling and Shy/Fearful
To RSVP, contact Lindsey, CSR: Volunteers.
We also wanted to share a couple of additional updates with you, to help keep you informed:
- Volunteer programming, outside of foster, remains suspended until Feb. 1 — a handful of exceptions have been made to help meet our needs;
- All on- and off-site programming and events also remain suspended until Feb. 1;
- All eligible animals continue to be sent to foster care;
- In response to the public health crisis and to help pet owners through hardships they may face during COVID-19, we launched our Emergency Pet Food Program for those in need. As of Aug. 21, we have distributed 7,228 lbs of food and 2,640 lbs of litter. If you or someone you know may need assistance through this confidential service, more information can be found here: https://ottawahumane.ca/your-pet/covid-19-community-pet-resources/
- Unfortunately, this year’s Ottawa Pride Parade was cancelled. The OHS generally participates in the parade with a float — alongside many of you! Show your pride and join our virtual celebration here.
- This year’s Off-Leash Summer camp for kids was cancelled due to COVID-19. In response, our outreach and communications team produced a series of videos. Please share these videos with your friends and family
We continue to adapt our response as we operate as an essential service in Ottawa, helping Ottawa’s animals when they’re most vulnerable. The community and the animals continue to rely on us for help and we continue to rely on your ongoing support. Thank you once again for your dedication throughout this uncertain time. We will continue to provide updates as the situation changes and evolves.