Board of Directors
The Ottawa Humane Society Board of Directors
Recruitment is now closed.
Candidates should be self-motivated, professional and dedicated to the Ottawa Humane Society through board service.
Previous experience serving on a board of directors at a charitable/not-for profit organization is important, however not mandatory. Ideal candidate assets also include expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Charitable organization/not-for-profit experience;
- Governance expertise;
- Community involvement and leadership
- Management/strategic planning expertise;
- Evaluation/performance management expertise;
- Fundraising expertise;
- Government relations expertise;
- Financial Literacy;
- Legal or regulatory expertise;
- Human Resources or recruitment & retention expertise;
- Information technology expertise;
- Privacy/Security expertise;
- Communications expertise and;
- Specialized skills as needed.
The successful candidate must be willing and able to devote six to eight hours per month to board duties over a period of six (6) years, consisting of three, two (2) year terms.