Board of Directors
Join and volunteer for the Board of Directors!
Candidates should be self-motivated, professional and dedicated to the Ottawa Humane Society through Board service.
Previous experience serving on a Board of Directors at a charitable/not-for profit organization is important, however not mandatory. Ideal candidate assets also include expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Charitable organization/not-for-profit experience;
- Governance expertise;
- Management/strategic planning expertise;
- Evaluation/performance management expertise;
- Fundraising expertise;
- Government relations expertise;
- Financial Literacy;
- Legal or regulatory expertise;
- Human Resources or recruitment & retention expertise;
- Information technology expertise;
- Privacy/Security expertise;
- Communications expertise and;
- Specialized skills as needed.
The successful candidate must be willing and able to devote a minimum of 12 hours per month to Board duties over a period of six (6) years, consisting of three, two (2) year terms.
Additional details of what it means to serve on the OHS Board of Directors as well as the application package, may be found at the following link:
Please direct inquiries and completed applications to Manager: Volunteers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in joining and volunteering for our Board of Directors!