Animal Advocate Program
Animal-related careers are all about hard work, and compassion. This great opportunity for youth who are interested in animal welfare to learn all about the OHS and a wide variety of animal-related careers. At the end of the day, each participant receives an OHS Animal Advocate Certificate of Completion.
Youth can look forward to:
- A behind-the-scenes tour of the OHS
- Learning about animal-related careers
- Animal interaction
- Live surgery viewing
- Dog training demonstration and practice
- Grooming demonstration and practice
- Dog walking
- Special guest speakers (e.g. dog trainers, vet techs, adoptions counsellors)
Age Requirement: Between 12 and 15 years of age
Program Hours: 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Cost: $60 (includes pizza lunch)
- Thursday, June 25 *Program Cancelled
- Take Your Kids to Work Day (November 2020) *online registration not yet available
OHS Animal Advocate Refund Policy: Parents are required to cancel their child’s registration through the MyTime online system. Cancellations without penalty must be submitted seven days prior to the program start date. Any cancellations made within seven days of the program start date will result in an automatic administration fee of $60 being charged through the MyTime online system:
For more information, contact our supervisor: programs by phone at 613-725-3166, ext. 298 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.