YOUTH PAW-SOME ANIMAL VIDEO COMPETITION
Calling all young filmmakers, the OHS is challenging you to submit your best animal videos to our first-ever Child and Youth Paw-some Animal Video Challenge! There will be great prizes, all skill levels are welcome and to keep things fair, the competition is split into four age groups:
Here are some ideas to help you get the film reels spinning:
- How do you give your pet the Five Freedoms of Animal Welfare?
- Your pet playing their favourite game
- Your pet doing some fun tricks
- You and your pet spending quality time together
- Wild animals in their natural habitat (don’t get too close!)
Please note: All video submissions will become property of the OHS and may be used in future promotions.
Winning criteria: While we appreciate all entries and can’t wait to see what you come up with, a winner must be selected. The winning videos will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Animals are the focus of the video
- Videos must be 10 to 30 seconds long
- The video is creative and entertaining
- The video teaches an important lesson about being a responsible pet owner or shows how to build a more humane and compassionate community for animals.
What are the prizes? The winners will each receive a special OHS goodie bag (valued at $50). We will also share all winning videos on the OHS Facebook page for everyone to see!
Competition deadline: Submissions for the Child and Youth Paw-some Animal Video Competition close Friday, April 16, 2021 at 5 p.m. Winners will be announced by Friday, April 23, 2021.
How to submit? Submit your video by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you submit, please include your name, age and (in case you win) your home address!