OPEN FOR VISITORS
The Shirley Kearns Memorial Adoption Centre is open for visitors. We are committed to the safety of our animals, staff and community, and are taking the following precautions:
- The Shirley Kearns Memorial Adoption Centre is open for visitors Tuesday to Friday from 1 to 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and is closed to visitors on Mondays.
- Some safety measures such as physical distancing are still in place.
- Visitors are asked not to come on site if they are experiencing possible symptoms of COVID.
- Enhanced cleaning measures and physical barriers are in place to prevent the spread of germs.
- Adoptions will continue by appointment. Check out animals available for adoption on our website and call 613-725-3166 ext. 258 to schedule an appointment.
- The OHS continues to admit stray animals and help owners find their lost pets by appointment and the intake of animals is prioritized based on need. If you believe your lost pet may be at the OHS, or to bring in an animal, contact us at 613-725-3166, ext. 221.
Many on- and off-site programs and services have returned — these include:
- Mobile spay/neuter services;
- Microchip Clinics;
- OHS Camps;
- Pet First Aid Classes;
- Youth Volunteering;
- Youth Apprenticeship Program
- In-person private and group dog training.
Certain programs and services that were introduced to support our community during the public health are still available. These include:
- OHS Emergency Pet Foodbank;
- Resources and support for smaller rescue partners;
- Resources for creating your emergency pet care plan; and
- Online private training for dog owners.
We are planning to resume a number of additional programs and services in summer 2022.