WELCOME BACK TO THE OHS
The Shirley Kearns Memorial Adoption Centre is now open for visitors. We are committed to the safety of our animals, staff and community, and are taking the following precautions:
- The Shirley Kearns Memorial Adoption Centre is open for visitors Tuesday to Friday from 1 to 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and is closed to visitors on Mondays.
- Safety measures such as physical distancing, masking and other precautions that were in place during lockdown are currently in place.
- Enhanced cleaning measures and physical barriers are in place to prevent the spread of germs.
- Adoptions will continue by appointment. Visit animals available for adoption on our website and call 613-725-3166 ext. 258 to schedule an appointment.
The OHS continues to admit stray animals and help owners find their lost pets by appointment and the intake of animals will be prioritized based on need. If you believe your lost pet may be at the OHS, or to bring in an animal, contact us at 613-725-3166, ext. 221.
A number of Outreach & Community Services programs have relaunched this year. For more information, click on the links below:
- The OHS Emergency Pet Food Bank
- Group Dog Training*
- Private Dog Training*
- Virtual Pet Loss Support Groups
- Virtual Pet Care Crest Program
- Virtual Humane Education School Program
*Please note: all in-person programs require proof of vaccination from participants.
Programs that are expected to resume in-person in 2022:
- Pet First Aid
- PD Day Camps & March Break Camp
- Youth Programs
- Birthday Parties
- Microchip Clinics
- Mobile Spay/Neuter Services