Request a Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic Appointment
Scheduling an Appointment with the OHS Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic
Six Things You Need to Know
- To qualify for service from the OHS Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic, show photo identification with proof of address in Ottawa and proof of income qualification. Proof of qualification must be provided during morning registration. Examples of accepted proof of qualification include:
- Driver’s License or Photo ID Card
- Passport, Health Card, Student card – must be accompanied by proof of address (utility bill, lease agreement etc.)
- Ontario Works or ODSP stub
- OSAP forms or screen shot of funding
- Most recent Notice Of Assessment (annual income under $30,000). Accessed by visiting: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/a-proof-income-statement-option-print.html
- Letter of referral from a social worker
- For all appointments, morning registration begins at 8 a.m. — full registration can take up to one hour. The owner of the animal must be present at morning registration to complete registration forms and sign the consent to surgery form. The person identifying as the owner of the animal must match the name on the proof of qualification (eg: ODSP stub).
- Cost for surgery is $20 per cat. Microchipping (optional) is an additional $20 per cat. Our clinic receives payment during morning registration and takes cash only.
- Cats must have no food after 8 p.m. the night before surgery. They can have water any time before surgery.
- We ask that cats be brought to our clinic in secure pet carriers, to ensure that all cats are safe and secure during morning registration. Upon registration, cats will be moved into cages on the mobile clinic; owners will be required to bring pet carriers home and return with them for pick-up.
- We require two business days’ notice if you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment. Cancellations made less than two business days before an appointment a “no-show” the day of the appointment are subject to our cancellation policy. Failure to notify us within two business days of your appointment will result in a $20/cat cancellation fee payable at your next appointment. Appointments are in high demand and your early cancellation will allow another patient access to a timely spay/neuter surgery. Please contact 613-725-3166 ext. 221 to notify us of a cancellation.
View locations and the Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic schedule here.
Request An Appointment
If you have not already read our Mobile Spay/Neuter Services FAQ, please click here.