MSNS Intake Assistant
MSNS Intake Assistant
The OHS Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic is a mobile veterinary spay/neuter clinic that provides subsidized feline spay/neuter surgeries for low-income pet owners in targeted Ottawa neighbourhoods. This program addresses the problem of cat overpopulation in Ottawa while reaching out to pet owners who are not otherwise able to afford traditional veterinarians. This a great opportunity to help pets stay with their owners, strengthen your customer service skills and help a great cause!
The Volunteer Department is looking for volunteers to help support the morning intake processes for the Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic, at various locations in our community. Volunteers are responsible for greeting clients (who are admitting their pet), supervising client lineups, assisting with paperwork as needed, interacting with clients and answering questions.
MSNS Intake Volunteer Assistant Requirements:
- Volunteers must have customer service, public speaking and/or public relations;
- Volunteers must be comfortable working and interacting with people in a variety of settings, including under served/low-income communities;
- Volunteers must be able to make a minimum one year commitment;
- Volunteers must be able to work with minimal supervision, once trained;
- Volunteers must be able to attend a 2.5 hour weekly shift, at various community locations, sometimes outside.
- NOTE! Clinics run Tuesday-Friday.
We are currently recruiting volunteers for the following shifts:
- Tuesday from 7:45-10:30 a.m.
- Friday from 7:45-10:30 a.m.
Steps to becoming an MSNS Intake Assistant Volunteer:
- Complete the volunteer application.
- Ensure you specify on your application the program and day(s) for which you are interested in volunteering.
- Volunteers whose skills and availability match the MSNS Intake Assistant volunteer requirements will be contacted for an interview.
- Following a successful interview, volunteers will be asked to submit a criminal record check and attend a scheduled orientation.
- For more information contact our manager: volunteers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 613-725-3166 ext. 231.
- We encourage you to browse our site for other volunteer opportunities at the OHS.
Thank you for your interest in our MSNS Intake Assistant Volunteer Program!