Feline enrichment care
Interested in volunteering in our Feline Enrichment Care Program?
The Ottawa Humane Society’s Volunteer department is seeking reliable, patient and compassionate people to give felines some extra attention while these cats are temporarily residing at the shelter. Volunteers are responsible for providing enrichment to felines in the form of socialization, play, exercise, visual stimulation and mild grooming, as directed by our coordinator: feline services.
Volunteers are required to make a weekly commitment of two to three hours, for a period of at least one-year.
Feline Enrichment Care Program Volunteer Requirements:
- Volunteers must have familiarity with cat behaviour.
- Volunteers must be comfortable and have experience handling cats.
- Volunteers must be able follow and adhere to strict instructions.
- Volunteers must be comfortable with socializing, playing and grooming felines of all ages and breeds.
- Volunteers must be able to document their enrichment as directed.
- Volunteers must be able to work alone, with minimum supervision, once trained.
- Volunteers must be able to work around various animal species.
- Volunteers must be able to stand on their feet or kneel for the duration of their shift.
- Volunteers must commit to a weekly shift for a minimum of one year.
We are looking for volunteers for the following shifts
Steps to becoming a Feline Enrichment Care Program Volunteer:
- Complete the OHS Volunteer Application
- Please ensure you specify on your application the program and shift you are interested in volunteering for.
- Volunteers whose skills and availability match the Feline Enrichment Care Program Volunteer Requirements will be contacted for an interview.
- Following a successful interview, volunteers will be asked to submit a Criminal Record Check and attend scheduled orientations.
For more information, please contact out Manager: Volunteers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at 613-725-3166 ext. 231.
Thank you for your interest in our Feline Enrichment Care Volunteer Program!