Administration: Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic Scheduling Volunteer
Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic Scheduling Volunteer
Not currently recruiting
The OHS Mobile Spay/Neuter Services Clinic is a mobile veterinary spay/neuter clinic that provides subsidized feline spay/neuter surgeries for low-income pet owners in targeted Ottawa neighbourhoods. This program addresses the problem of cat overpopulation in Ottawa while reaching out to pet owners who are not otherwise able to afford traditional veterinarians.
The Ottawa Humane Society’s Volunteer Department is looking for volunteers who are interested in working closely with our mobile spay/neuter services (MSNS) team in an administrative capacity! This a great opportunity to help pets stay with their owners, building your customer service skills and helping a great cause! Administrative tasks may include:
- Contacting MSNS clients to schedule clinic appointments;
- Making upcoming clinic reminder phone calls;
- Answering general program FAQ;
- Providing excellent customer service;
- Other clerical/administrative duties as assigned.
MSNS Volunteer Requirements:
- Volunteers must have strong computer skills (Microsoft Office);
- Experience with in an administrative role is preferred;
- Volunteers must have excellent customer service skills;
- Volunteers must be highly organized and have high attention to detail;
- Volunteers must be consistent and reliable;
- Volunteers must be comfortable speaking with clients over the phone;
- Volunteers must have experience working with low income populations;
- Volunteers must be able to make a minimum one year commitment;
- Volunteers must be able to commit to a three hour weekly shift;
- Volunteers must wear business casual attire.
STEPS TO BECOMING AN MSNS CLINIC SCHEDULING VOLUNTEER:
- Complete the OHS Volunteer Application
- Ensure you specify on your application the program and day(s) for which you are interested in volunteering.
- Volunteers whose skills and availability match the MSNS Clinic Scheduling Volunteer requirements will be contacted for an interview.
- Following a successful interview, volunteers will be asked to submit a criminal record check and attend a scheduled orientation.
- For more information contact our coordinator: volunteers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 613-725-3166 ext. 264.
We encourage you to browse our site for other volunteer opportunities at the OHS.
Thank you for your interest in our MSNS Volunteer Program!