The Ottawa Humane Society has been a leader in animal welfare since 1888. We’re currently looking for passionate and results oriented Full Time Manager: Advocacy to join our team in building a caring community and advancing animal welfare. If you’re interested in advocating for the well-being of animals locally, provincially and nationally and you thrive in a busy environment where collaboration is key, then this is a great opportunity for you to join the OHS!
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
Salary:$69,900 to $77,000
- Extended Health, Dental, Paramedical and Vision Care coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance (including paid short term sick leave)
- Vacation Days, Statutory Holidays
- Five additional Paid Leave Days
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP match
- Free on-site Parking
- Veterinary food and other supplies discount
- Career Development (internships, on-the-job learning, mentorships, internal and external training opportunities) and Paid Continuing Education Opportunities (bursaries, CE allowance, membership dues, tuition reimbursement)
- 75 hours bi-weekly
- May be required to work occasional evening, holiday and weekend shifts
What you bring to the table:
- Post-secondary school diploma or certificate in a related field – government relations, public policy, or public administration preferred
- Master’s degree in public policy or public administration preferred
- A minimum of four years’ public and/or stakeholder relations experience
- Proven advanced research, analytical and writing skills
- Communications and media experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Specialized professional proficiency in spoken and written English is required
If this position interests you and you imagine the OHS being the next step in your career, please email your resume and cover letter to the People and Culture team at email@example.com.
For more information about available jobs or our work schedules, please visit our careers page.
The Ottawa Humane Society is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment processes. If you are contacted by the OHS regarding a job opportunity, please let us know prior to interview if you require any accommodation.