Attendant: Adoption Reception
Why work with the Ottawa Humane Society
The Ottawa Humane Society has been a leader in animal welfare since 1888. We’re currently looking for compassionate and results oriented Part-Time Attendant: Adoption Reception to join our team supporting domestic animals. If you’re interested in practicing high quality patient care where your professional development is important, and you thrive in a busy client centred environment where teamwork is key, then this is a great opportunity for you to come join the OHS!
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
Salary: $19.89 to $22.42 per hour
- In lieu of benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free on-site Parking
- Veterinary food and other supplies discount
- Career Development (internships, on-the-job learning, mentorships, internal and external training opportunities) and Paid Continuing Education Opportunities (bursaries, CE allowance, membership dues, tuition reimbursement)
- Part time (35.5 hours bi-weekly)
- Evening, holiday and weekend shifts
What you bring to the table:
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year education or experience in office administration
- Minimum of one year of experience in customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Animal handling experience preferred
- Chameleon or other database experience is an asset
- Professional working proficiency in spoken and written English and French is required
If this position interests you and you imagine the OHS being the next step in your career, please email your resume and cover letter to the People and Culture team at email@example.com.
For more information about available jobs or our work schedules, please visit our careers page.
The Ottawa Humane Society is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment processes. If you are contacted by the OHS regarding a job opportunity, please let us know prior to interview if you require any accommodation.