Help us save more cats’ lives!
The Ottawa Humane Society needs your help to provide for some of the over 500 cats in our care! We are desperately seeking temporary foster homes for sick cats, and nursing or orphaned kittens.
We are at our peak intake time of the year. We have dozens of animals on our foster list every day that need additional support before they are ready for a new, loving home—care that we simply do not have the resources to provide when our shelter is so full.
We need volunteers who can take a sick cat, kitten or kittens in need into their homes for anywhere from two to six weeks while they recuperate from an illness or until they are old enough to be adopted.
Who can help?
If you're at least 18 years old and your own pets are sterilized and vaccinated, you may be able to help! If you have a separate room to isolate your foster animal, and at least 30 minutes a day to care for it, you may be a great match for our foster program.
We are holding two special foster orientation sessions to recruit foster homes!
- Wednesday, July 31 (6:00 pm—7:00 pm)
- Thursday, August 15 (6:00 pm—7:00 pm)
Interested? Here’s what you can do to become involved!
- Complete the Foster Volunteer Application located on top right box on this page.
- Send the application via email to the OHS Foster Department ay firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 613-725-5674
- On your application, be sure to indicate which Foster Orientation you will attend
- We will follow up with you and, assuming you’re a fit for the program, we will confirm the orientation date and send you a letter to submit to your local Ottawa Police Services station to complete a Criminal Records Check.
- Bring your completed Criminal Records Check and proof of identification to the orientation.
For more information please contact our Foster Customer Service Representative via email at email@example.com or by telephone 613-725-3166 ext. 255.