OFFICE VOLUNTEER: MSNS SUPPORT
Office Volunteer: MSNS Support
The Ottawa Humane Society’s Volunteer Department is looking for volunteers who are interested in working closely with our Mobile Spay and Neuter Services team, offering office/administration support. Administrative tasks may include:
- Data entry;
- Organizing and alphabetizing files;
- Checking voicemail and transferring messages;
- Creating labels;
- Making e-collars;
- Other clerical duties as assigned.
Office Volunteer Requirements:
- Volunteers must have strong computer skills (Microsoft Office);
- Experience with data entry or in an administrative role is preferred;
- Volunteers must have excellent customer service skills;
- Volunteers must be highly organized and have high attention to detail;
- Volunteers must be comfortable taking direction;
- Volunteers must work comfortably in a team setting;
- Volunteers must be consistent and reliable;
- Volunteers must be able to make a minimum 1-year commitment;
- Volunteers must be able to commit to a three hour weekly shift;
- Volunteers must wear business casual attire.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO MAKE A WEEKLY COMMITMENT ON ONE OF THE FOLLOWING DAYS:
Wednesday or Thursday from 9-12 p.m. or 1-4 p.m.
Steps to becoming an MSNS Support Volunteer:
- Complete the OHS Volunteer Application
- Ensure you specify on your application the program and day(s) for which you are interested in volunteering.
- Volunteers whose skills and availability match the Office Volunteer requirements will be contacted for an interview.
- Following a successful interview, volunteers will be asked to submit a criminal record check and attend a scheduled orientation.
- For more information contact our manager: volunteers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 613-725-3166 ext. 231.
- We encourage you to browse our site for other volunteer opportunities at the OHS.
Thank you for your interest in our Office Volunteer Program!