Are you a professional groomer with time to donate to the OHS? Volunteer groomers help ensure the health and well-being of our animals by bathing and drying animals, trimming nails, cleaning ears, and brushing or shaving matted coats. The OHS has a fully equipped grooming room including: a table, tub, and grooming tools/supplies, and volunteers provide grooming services with an expert hand.
Grooming Volunteer Requirements:
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Volunteers must have professional grooming experience.
- Volunteers must be able to handle large dogs and lift 40 lbs.
- Volunteers must be familiar with all breeds of dogs.
- Volunteers must be able to work alone with minimum supervision.
- Volunteers must commit to a regular shift for a minimum of one year.
Steps to becoming a Grooming Volunteer:
- Complete the volunteer application.
- Ensure you specify on your application the program and day(s) for which you are interested in volunteering.
- Volunteers whose skills and availability match the grooming volunteering requirements will be contacted for an interview.
- Following a successful interview, volunteers will be asked to submit a criminal record check and attend a scheduled orientation.
For more information contact our manager: volunteers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 613-725-3166 ext. 231.We encourage you to browse our site for other volunteer opportunities at the OHS. For any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in our grooming program!