Board of Directors
The Ottawa Humane Society Board of Directors
Join and volunteer for the board of directors!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering on the board of directors of the Ottawa Humane Society (OHS). The OHS is always seeking to connect with dedicated and caring individuals who are interested in serving on its volunteer board of directors. The OHS is looking for two new volunteer directors to serve on the board who will commence in September, 2023, if elected.
The OHS is looking for candidates who are committed to animal welfare in order to build a compassionate community and brighter future for Ottawa. We encourage applications from candidates with community leadership experience or previous board experience at charitable/not-for-profit organizations; we also welcome applications from members of underrepresented or equity-deserving groups including women, Indigenous Peoples (First Nations, Inuit and Metis), members of racialized groups, persons with disabilities, and members of 2SLGBTQI+ communities.
- Previous experience serving on a board of directors at a charitable/not-for profit organization is useful, but not mandatory. Ideally, you will have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Community leadership;
- Equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives;
- Management/strategic planning;
- Charitable organization/not-for-profit experience;
- Evaluation/performance management;
- Human Resources/recruitment & retention;
- Information technology expertise;
- Communications or public relations;
- Government relations; and;
- Specialized skills as needed.
The successful candidate must be willing and able to devote six to eight hours per month to board duties over a period of six (6) years, consisting of three, two (2) year terms.
Additional details of what it means to serve on the OHS board of Directors as well as the application package, may be found at the following link: https://ottawahumane.ca/about-us/ohs-board-members/board-of-directors/
Please direct inquiries and completed applications to the Executive Assistant at email@example.com.
Recruitment is closed for 2023.
Thank you for your interest in joining our board of directors!